Sunday, August 17, 2008

"Unastrology"

Astrology has been one of my favorite subjects. I love the Science/fiction. I developed the interest when I was in University and gave it up recently. But it is like the subject Chemistry to me. Though I am completely out of touch, I cannot forget the resonating structure of Benzene or Toluene. I still remember the full Periodic Table with the atomic numbers and masses. Same is with astrology. I am not in touch any more, but I cannot forget the ascendant and moon signs and the significance of different planets etc. As soon as I come across a combination of planets in a chart in a conversation or a write up, my mind starts calculating. In the past, I have done many correct predictions. And I used to be amazed myself but then I realized, if fate is all decided already, why do we have to know it? And why do we have to work hard then? Planets may work but we certainly have a lot in our hands. I gave it up because I was a bit scared. I did not want to be completely dependent on astrology. I still love the subject but I do not do it anymore. I want my life to unfold naturally. Astrology may work, but 'unastrology' works better.

1 comment:

Pramod Kumar Kush 'tanha' said...

I do agree with your experiences in 'Astrology'.
We do have three things in common : 'Astrology' , 'Chemistry 'and ' Poetry '.
I am practicing Astrology / Numerology as a hobby and found it quite interesting.Like you , I too have made a large nos. of correct predictions.Astrology gives me strength and zeal as per the situation...Let us take it as a guideline for facing our life in a positive manner...

Congratulations for your nice poetry and ghazals too...