Friday, February 21, 2014

My Birthday Present

"Close your eyes, Mrs. Chatterjee; I have a surprise for you". It was my birthday. I knew she must be having a card or a present for me. So, I closed my eyes and said excitedly, "Really? You do? I can't wait to see what it is." And then she gave me a box of chocolates. Before I could even thank her, she started narrating, " Yesterday... Yesterday, I asked my mom if I could give you a present for your birthday and she said 'no' because you know how we need money to buy everything...so I said - please, please, please... and then you know, I had saved two dollars from my pocket money...so I gave it to my Dad, and we got you a gift..." I was speechless. Finally, I said, "Aww...Hun, you didn't have to do this". And she said, " But I wanted to". I gave her a hug and told her that those were my favourite and the best chocolates in the whole wide world. Could I have got a better birthday present? I love you my little angels!

No comments: